Grapevine Online Exclusive
With Everything to Lose
Upon a sponsor's suggestion, he made a list of what drinking would take from him
If I picked up again, this is what I think I would get back and what I would lose again:
- First, the tremors would return.
- Next would come the panic attacks.
- I'd probably drive while under the influence as I had done.
- My relationships with those who helped me get sober including my dear mother. I know she would feel so betrayed, hurt, and sad.
- My wonderful partner of 35 years who also suffered in many ways during my drinking.
- Even if they didn't know about it, I would feel bad about the people who treated me in the psychiatric... Login to read more
Not a subscriber? Click here to subscribe.
A member reflects upon how his father's death affected him
After trying to fix his drinking with his own problem solving abilities, he realized that AA was the answer
One Rainy Day
He hit his bottom and decided he wanted to live, not die
Giving It a Go
Nothing else had worked so he tried AA
Get a dose of Higher Power here
December 2013: Where the ducks swim
They've experienced it all ... sober
December 2013: You won’t find rainbows in the bottom of a glass
New to AA? Find sober support
December 2013: Blowing in the wind
Giving it away to keep it
December 2013: Flight from Omaha
- Personal Stories
AA's tales of recovery
December 2013: Christmas in a bar
- Twelve Steps
AA's blueprint for sobriety
December 2013: Late night at the drive-thru