Grapevine Online Exclusive
With Everything to Lose
Upon a sponsor's suggestion, he made a list of what drinking would take from him
If I picked up again, this is what I think I would get back and what I would lose again:
- First, the tremors would return.
- Next would come the panic attacks.
- I'd probably drive while under the influence as I had done.
- My relationships with those who helped me get sober including my dear mother. I know she would feel so betrayed, hurt, and sad.
- My wonderful partner of 35 years who also suffered in many ways during my drinking.
- Even if they didn't know about it, I would feel bad about the people who treated me in the psychiatric... Login to read more
Not a subscriber? Click here to subscribe.
A member reflects upon how his father's death affected him
After trying to fix his drinking with his own problem solving abilities, he realized that AA was the answer
One Rainy Day
He hit his bottom and decided he wanted to live, not die
Giving It a Go
Nothing else had worked so he tried AA
New to AA? Find sober support
February 2014: Turning Tumblers into Wind Chimes
Giving it away to keep it
February 2014: 24-Hour Delivery
- Personal Stories
AA's tales of recovery
February 2014: My Own Private Hell
- Twelve Traditions
AA's guiding principles
February 2014: One Hot Texas Summer
- Emotional Sobriety
Dry drunk no more
February 2014: Paradise Found
Stories from those who've been there
January 2014: In His Back Pocket