From the March 1978 magazine.

About Alcoholism - Alcoholism Information, Research and Treatment

From the Lab--and Nature

Many of these items are contrary to AA philosophy. Their publication here does not mean that the Grapevine endorses or approves them; they are offered solely for your information.

For many years, it's been known that the delicious mushroom Coprinus atramentarius doesn't mix well with alcohol. If someone drinks even four days after eating the mushroom, he or she can develop such unpleasant side effects as flushing, dizziness, headache, nausea, and vomiting. The combination is never fatal, however.

-- Parade

This is a preview. To view the full article, use the link below to begin a free 7-day trial!

Subscribe