Say hello

22 replies [Last post]
webeditor

New to the forum? Say hello and let us get to know you.

View all topics

Anonymous
New GvR in Ontario, Canada

Hi everybody,
I am a new GvR in northern Ontario, Canada. I'm exploring the website for the first time and thought I'd stop by to say hello, as this forum invites. I'm looking forward to learning more about being a GvR and to spreading the news to my fellow AA-ers.
Kate

Anonymous
Hello

Hello

Anonymous
GVR

Hello I was unanimously voted in at our last group conscience meeting as the new gvr.

Anonymous
Where do we now find the A.A. Conference events page

A.A. events used to be in the back pages of the Grapevine..Can we still find them somewhere?

webeditor
AA-related events are listed

AA-related events are listed here:

http://www.aagrapevine.org/calendar

Anonymous
greetings

hello everyone. my name is charles/lightning. just wanted to say hey to all of you folks because you matter more in my life right now then almost all else. 113 days sober and counting. nowhere do i feel more at peace then while at a meeting surrounded by people who have been where i am???? hummm...don't know if thats correct or not. think it is correct to say many of you have been to my level of "bottom", but most are able to get beyond their past. I seriously doubt my past will allow that. it is said we should not shut the door on our past but i believe i really need to (not that such would ever be permitted). Anyway, hope all of you are having a good day.

Anonymous
GVR AREA 69 DISTRICT 10

Hello Fellow GVR's,

My name is Laurinda B.

I've have recently been elected GVR for the Sat/Sun 11th Step Meditation meetings in my area. I want to introduce myself to get "dialed in" with you all.

I am really enthused and excited and am willing to do whatever it takes to share my enthusiasm for the Grapevine/La Vina.

In particular, I want to attend the GVR functions in my area and perhaps outside of my area.

I welcome suggestions for making this a fun time for AA's in my meetings.

Thanks. Peace.

Anonymous
I'm a new GVR

My name is Bryan P. and I'm my groups new GVR. ANY EXPERIENCE/STRENGHTH AND HOPE you can give Me will be very helpful. Thanks.

Anonymous

Well Hello ,thought i would say high and hopefully get a sense of what its like to be a G.V rep.. Im new to area service and would like to do a good job. ive never seen a G.V. display so Help Thanks yours in service ,cause i want to stay sober and A.A. and its members saved my life . Jeff

Anonymous
Hello. Karl R

Hello. Karl R

Anonymous
GVR

I have been reading the online and print Grapevines and was liking the idea of being a GVR
not wanting to take away something from someone else
I wasn't sure where to begin

I walked into my home group today (first day officially becoming a member and it was group consciousness day)

I heard a voice in front of mention that we needed a new Grape Vine Rep !!!!

wow that was Easy !!

emmett e.
Rochester, PA

Anonymous
new to this website

hello to all,as a gvr to rockaway queens, more people are buying now as their computers went down in hurricane sandy...so its an appreciated replacement...beverley l

Anonymous
Dealing with son who is an alcoholic

I have been in AA since 1979....my son continues to drink.....I have told him numerous times to please get help. He knows both of his parents were recovered AA members. He says he can't convince himself he is an alcoholic. His sister told me to back off and let him hit bottom himself. He's been there three times. He has received care in the hospitals...but none of them have referred him to AA. He and his wife and their daughter Brooklyn all moved in to help me three years ago. Brooklyn is 4 years old. We are all on good terms. They probably saved my life, and I have told both of them as much. He mainly is a weekend drinker. But his wife has been out with the girls (she doesn't drink.) he has become so drunk that it scares his daughter. So she comes to me Grammy. I know I am probably too close to the situation, but I need advice from someone on how to handle it.

Anonymous
other's drinking

Thank God and a good sponsor who introduced me to Al-anon!!! That is where I learned that I needed to mind my own life and allow my alcoholics-in-training the dignity of their own bottoms. That means I watch as they learn that their actions have consequences. I don't create those bottoms for them: call the police, drag them to rehabs. My heart goes out to you and his family. Each of us has a Higher Power. I am not it.

Anonymous
Thank you for being here!!!

Hi y'all! I was sent to the Grapevine for my first assignment today. After decades of being under a rock, I am re-entering the general population. I am disabled and have been homebound in the past. The online venue will make my next part of the assignment possible... daily AA meetings. Part of recovery for life! I will be going to my first F2F AA meeting with my daughter on Saturday. I thank you for the opportunity to begin again with you. Love and Light, GG

Anonymous
Coming Onboard

I just learned about this on-line site, although I've been a subscriber to GV for well over a decade. Recently accepted the post of GVR for my District (29) in Area 59 (SE Penna.) so I'm looking forward to learning more about ways to make the Grapevine a daily recovery tool. Hope to attend the GV session at NERAASA (Northeast Regional AA Service Assembly) coming up later this month in Lancaster, PA. I love the magazine and have almost all the books published by the Grapevine; wonderful stuff! Thank you, thank you everyone on staff.
Pat H

Anonymous
I am Happy to be here

Hello,
I'm a GVR for the Intergroup of NE Florida. I'm learning the ropes and looking forward to posting questions and hopefully some experiences as well!

Love & Service,

mike

Anonymous
need to get in contact with AA in Rawlins Wyoming

Hello, my name is Michael and my home group is in Bogalusa LA. I am 1 year 9 months sober. I will be working in Rawlins Wyoming starting Marh 5th and need to contact someone in AA in Rawlins. any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Anonymous
Meeting of the Grape!

Hello Everyone,

I'm a GRV for District 5 Area 58 in OR. I recently met with 4 GVR's from my district. I shared with them the GVR handbook and the importantace of registering as a GVR.None of them knew their position comes with a handbook! After reviewing several suggestions from the GVR handbook, we decieded to give newcomers at meetings a back issue of GV along with the customary phone list and to encourage groups to sponsor GV subscriptions (for 1 yr) to a few places in town. We also disussed ways to spice up our "GV announcements" in meetings. We realized that in order to do this we needed to educate ourselves about the different departments or sections in the magazine It was good to meet and see that we are not alone in doing GV service work. On Thanksgiving and Christmas day, meetings are held for 8 am to 8pm. This year we will have a Grapevine display with subscription forms, back issues, posters and GV books, cd's and GRV will take turns manning(sp?) the table. We all left excited and grateful to be sober and in service!

Anonymous
I am happy to be here

Hi Mark and Debbie,
I am a GVR in Southeast Texas. I am glad to see some fellow GVR's on this site.

With gratitude,
Tina

Anonymous
I am happy to be here

Hi everyone (who else is here?),

I am happy to have found this forum and look forwarding to interacting with others who are GVRs.

I am new to GVR service but not new to AA.

I live in Half Moon Bay, CA and the fact I am looking at the beautiful pacific ocean from my living room window right now is a direct result of this fellowship.

With gratitude,

- Mark

Anonymous
I am happy to be here

Hi Mark,
I am GVR in North Carolina. I live in Hendersonville, the western part of the state in the Blue Ridge Mtn. The fall colors are gorgeous this week. This has been such a fun service role so far. I have the opportunity to visit Districts in our state, mkaing lots of new friensd in the fellowhsip and simply enjoying sobriety and sharing the Grapevine and all it has to offer.
Hopefully others will take advantage of this forum and we can share our GVR experiences.
In Love & Service,
Debbie M

Post new comment