From the March 1947 magazine.
12 Steps in Reverse
Everyone is always talking about the 12 Steps in A. A. Another way of thinking about it are the 12 Mis-Steps of A. A. Here they are:
- Start missing meetings for any reason, real or imaginary.
- Become critical of the methods used by other members who may not agree with you in everything.
- Nurse the idea that someday, somehow, you can drink again and become a controlled drinker.
- Let the other fellow do the 12th Step work in your group. You are too busy.
- Become conscious of your A. A. seniority and view every new member with a skeptical,...
-- C. L.