From the April 1956 magazine.
12 Gifts Gratefully Received
IN the past seventeen months since I came to AA I have tried to find out what this fellowship has that attracts us and keeps us.
I finally found that AA bestows twelve gifts on those who earnestly seek them:
- Faith with tolerance.
- Humility without disgrace.
- Friendship without demands.
- Fellowship without strings.
- Help without interference.
- Hope without fear.
- Freedom without reservations.
- Peace of mind without surrender.
- Privacy without confinement.
- Promise of reward without threat of...