From the December 1989 magazine.
12 Tips for Sober Holidays
- Line up extra AA activities (help on the phones, speak, empty the ashtrays).
- Be host to friends, especially newcomers, at home or at a coffee shop.
- Keep your AA telephone list with you at all times.
- Find out about holiday meetings or celebrations in your local groups.
- Skip any drinking occasions you're nervous about.
- If there's one you can't skip, take an AA friend--or keep candy handy.
- Don't think you have to stay late (plan an "important date" in advance).
- Go to church. Any church. And don't forget about extra...
-- Adapted from Box 4-5-9