Grapevine Online Exclusive
Murphy's Law at AA
A member sends us this spoof to lighten the mood
1. The more cautiously you walk with a cup of coffee in an A.A. meeting the greater your chances of somebody bumping into you and spilling it.
2. Whatever you don't want to deal with is always the topic of every A.A. meeting you go to.
3. The more you resent your sponsor, the happier she is to see you.
4. The harder you work on a character defect, the more glaring it becomes.
5. Whenever a speaker says he is not going to give a long drunkalog, a long drunkalog ensues.
6. The less you work the principles, the greater you work the personalities.
She found herself glamorizing drinking and had to remember to watch the movie all the way to the end
Until We Meet Again
After being sober for 7 years, she relapsed and went to jail
He put down the alcohol but pride kept him from sticking with AA. Until he relapsed
Sobriety gave him a life worth living and the tools to confront a cancer diagnosis
Get a dose of Higher Power here
December 2013: Where the ducks swim
They've experienced it all ... sober
December 2013: You won’t find rainbows in the bottom of a glass
New to AA? Find sober support
December 2013: Blowing in the wind
Giving it away to keep it
December 2013: Flight from Omaha
- Personal Stories
AA's tales of recovery
December 2013: Christmas in a bar
- Twelve Steps
AA's blueprint for sobriety
December 2013: Late night at the drive-thru