Grapevine Online Exclusive
She had every reason to skip meetings but the one reason she had to go kept her coming back
Resentments were the top reason I would stop going to meetings. Here are some of the ones I experienced:
- People are talking behind my back.
- They are criticizing what I said in the meeting.
- What would my family think if they found out?
- She gave me a nasty look.
- He is only interested in one thing.
- I'm not going to do my Fourth Step with her.
- I feel sick of hearing this person share.
- This meeting sucks.
- I'm a lesbian and this meeting is for straight people.
- They don't understand me.
- I can't... Login to read more
Not a subscriber? Click here to subscribe.
Bringing out the Real Me
After years of sober dating, he learned how to have a relationship with himself and his Higher Power
The Light in the Dark
He had scoffed at stories of spiritual experiences until he had one of his own
Practice, Practice, Practice
She slowly learned to change her reactions to the world around her
Step 11 to the Rescue
He found that his routine meditation was useful in sticky situations
- Twelve Traditions
AA's guiding principles
Behind the Scenes
- Personal Stories
AA's tales of recovery
Tragedy in the Night
- Twelve Steps
AA's blueprint for sobriety
The Road from Reno
New to AA? Find sober support
Like a Duckling
Get a dose of Higher Power here
A River Runs Through It
They've experienced it all ... sober
What's My Secret?