Grapevine Online Exclusive
She had every reason to skip meetings but the one reason she had to go kept her coming back
Resentments were the top reason I would stop going to meetings. Here are some of the ones I experienced:
- People are talking behind my back.
- They are criticizing what I said in the meeting.
- What would my family think if they found out?
- She gave me a nasty look.
- He is only interested in one thing.
- I'm not going to do my Fourth Step with her.
- I feel sick of hearing this person share.
- This meeting sucks.
- I'm a lesbian and this meeting is for straight people.
- They don't understand me.
- I can't... Login to read more
Not a subscriber? Click here to subscribe.
Bringing out the Real Me
After years of sober dating, he learned how to have a relationship with himself and his Higher Power
The Light in the Dark
He had scoffed at stories of spiritual experiences until he had one of his own
Practice, Practice, Practice
She slowly learned to change her reactions to the world around her
Step 11 to the Rescue
He found that his routine meditation was useful in sticky situations
New to AA? Find sober support
February 2014: Turning Tumblers into Wind Chimes
Giving it away to keep it
February 2014: 24-Hour Delivery
- Personal Stories
AA's tales of recovery
February 2014: My Own Private Hell
- Twelve Traditions
AA's guiding principles
February 2014: One Hot Texas Summer
- Emotional Sobriety
Dry drunk no more
February 2014: Paradise Found
Stories from those who've been there
January 2014: In His Back Pocket