Practice These Principles. . .
Tradition Six: An AA group ought never endorse, finance, or lend the AA name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property, and prestige divert us from our primary purpose
- Should my fellow group members and I raise money to endow several AA beds in our local hospital?
- Is it good for a group to lease a small building?
- Are all the officers and members of our local club for AAs familiar with "Guidelines on Clubs" (which is available free from GSO)?
- Should the secretary of our group serve on the mayor's advisory committee on alcoholism?
- Some alcoholics will stay around AA only if we have a TV and card room. If this is what is required to carry the message to them, shouldn't we have these facilities?