6 Ways AA Members Support Their Local Intergroup
- They answer telephones.
- They place their name on a Twelfth Step call list.
- They volunteer to help out in other ways, such as doing mass mailings or producing a newsletter.
- They encourage their home groups to make donations.
- They set up a program in their home group whereby individuals pledge a certain amount to intergroup--say, five dollars a month. The monies are collected and sent in at regular intervals.
- They make a personal donation to intergroup. Some AAs compute their annual donation according to the number of years they are sober (e.g., eight years' sobriety means an eight dollar contribution).