Start a conversation, share a topic

19 replies [Last post]
webeditor

Have a topic you want to discuss? Share it here.

View all topics

Anonymous
Hello

Hi, I have come here looking for people to talk to and share with after seeing your ad in GV

Claude

Anonymous
faith

It's a word that I hardly say; it's not often or actualy it's rarely in my vocabulary, because it is commitment, action, consideration, love... ideas that I did not fully understood; neither applied or were able to give to others. AA gave me the oportunity to practice this idea by giving me the chance to apply this knowledge and transform it into doingness service, unity and recovery using my time to give what I recived, a cup of coffe or tea, time, money... the fruits I'm bearing now are different from the ones on the past and now I'm aware of the diference it makes in my life and the life of others.
jesus e.

Anonymous
victor e

I am the grapevine chair for area 36 in minnesota and am looking for a life size Victor E for my display and want to know if anyone has a template or knows where or how to get one if so let me know

thanks mike m 612 366 6812

Anonymous
NEW GVR 1ST SERVICE COMMITMENT EVER .

HI I AM A NEW GVR ... 1ST TIME IN SERVICE WORK ... OUR GROUP DID NOT HAVE A GVR SO I TOOK IT... BUT NOW I WANT TO SUBSCRIBE TO GV AND THE WEB ONLY LETS ME DO ONE YEAR BUT IN THE PAMPHLET I HAVE IT SHOWS 2YEARS FOR 54.00 OPPOSED TO 1YEAR AT 28.97.. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN GET IT ONLINE FOR 2YEARS OR I HAVE TO CALL . ALSO DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO INTRODUCE ALL OF THE GV STUFF AND LITERATURE THAT IS AA APPOVED TO MY CLUB. I AM STARTING WITH FLYERS ABOUT THE WEBSITE AND I WOULD LIKE TO FIND MORE CASALOGS. WE HAVE ONLY 1 7AM GV MEETING A WEEK AND OUR CLUB HAS OVER 25 MEETINGS A WEEK SO MY BIG GOAL IS TO TRY AND GET ANOTHER GV MEETING INTO OUR GROUP. BUT IF ANYONE HAS SOME TIDBITS FOR ME I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR.. :)) ... U CAN EVEN SHOOT ME AN EMAIL IF U WOULD LIKE THANKS TO U ALL ... KELLIE EMAIL KOBJOB12@AOL.COM

Anonymous
A.A. Grapevine Books

I find many groups are not stocking A.A. Grapevine books. Even some intergroups don't have a good selection. Let's encourage our intergroups to have the books, our groups to buy them so that the message in these great books is available to all the members of our Fellowship. I have talked to many people who have never even seen some of our books. Area Chairs can encourage this by taking catalogs to Assemblies and encouraging GSRs to take them to their groups. GVRs can ensure that the group stocks the books. It helps if we read them and tell others what touched us.

Connie G., West Sacramento, Ca
(Area 07, Appointed Grapevine/La Vina Chair)

Anonymous
Be Prepared

No matter where you are in the United States or otherwise, be prepared to stock up on Literature and other recovery tools to help you out. I find it really important to watch the news and to pray for everyone right now. I hope that this helps.

Patricia

Beeville, Texas

Anonymous
How to make my Grapevine workshops more fun

Hi I am a new GVR and I have workshops in my group but I feel like they are kind of boring.I was wondering what I can do to make them a little bit more entertaining for my fellow members.PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Anonymous
Read Books and Share

We had a panel read some GV books and share what touched them about the stories. It was well received and we sold many books because people saw what a valuable resource they had been missing! We also had someone talk about submitting articles and having them both rejected and printed. We plan to have a story writing workshop in the fall.

Anonymous
reply to I need help

The God of my understanding is a forgiving God. Try to find a fourth dimension group. I should still be in jail for all the things that could have happened. Prayers are for you.

Anonymous
Dtstrict GVR

Hello everyone,

I am a GVR for my group. Is there a desciption of the Distict GVR trusted servant position so I know what resources that person may have available for me to share with my group, in addition to what I am already doing? I couldn't find anything in the GVR handbook or Service Manual.

Thank you!

Anonymous
i need help ...in 1978 i

i need help ...in 1978 i killed 2 people in a drunk crash its long ago now im sober 4 yrs im paying the price

Anonymous
In our group we've hit on rule #62!

We read a joke out of the book," A rabbit walks into a bar"

The members have really taken to it. But I've got a mental block. I don't get the joke "a rabbit walks into a bar" Can someone PLEASE explain it to me?

Anonymous
A rabbit walks into a bar...

And he says something like "I'm a big rabbit" He actually is appears to be shoting at the bartender.

I'm thinking he's a hare of the dog that bit you? Or maybe the bar tender said we don't serve rabbits. Or maybe its somethin to do with the rabbits feet being lucky?

Don't know.

You'd think w/ someone naming a book after the joke, SOMEONE could explain. I don't get it.

Anonymous
A rabbitwalks into a bar

You actually hit the nail on the head....It is the Hare of the dog that bit the patron....
I think it is all the excuses we as alcoholics come up with to explain why we drink...or not

Anonymous
Meetings in the Bahams

Going to Paradise Island Bahamas. Any help finding a meeting would be appreciated.

Anonymous
2012 Grapevine Wall Calendars???

Hi everybody,
Whatever happened to the Grapevine Wall Calendars? I am now the Grapevine Rep for my home group and I thought I would order some for holiday gifts or to sell at the meetings or give to our speaker etc. Do we not have them anymore?

Liz T

webeditor
2012 Grapevine Wall Calendars

Hello,

Yes, we still have them. You can find them here:

https://store.aagrapevine.org/

Cordially,

The Editors

Anonymous
looking for articles on 12 concepts

new to this site. looking for articles on the 12 concepts.

Anonymous
Articles on 12 Concepts

If you have a subscription to the Grapevine's Digital Archives, you can execute a search on the "twelve concepts" and view 118 different articles containing this phrase.

The Digital Archives is a wonderful research tool for finding specific information. And articles of interest can be printed out. Very cool.

The AA pamphlet "The Twelve Concepts Illustrated" is very helpful.

The AA Service Manual has plenty of material to read.

If you go to www.aa.org and search for "concepts" you will see 22 separate items that may suit your needs.

Good Luck!

Post new comment